Index of digital LWA newsletters from April 2007 until newsletter replaced with "Latest News".
Our bicycle club offers a full schedule of road and off-road rides for all levels that are centered in, but not limited to, Lehigh, Northampton, and Northern Berks counties.
Newsflash: Our club has a new name!
Of course, you can tell that from the revised home page banner. As website manager, I had thought to post some inspiring prose to introduce this major event, but I was seriously beaten to it by Amanda Whittington, who summed it up most eloquently with her Latest News article from back in August of 2023. Even if you have seen that previously, I highly recommend that you give it a read!
New Benefit! Premium features for LVCC members with our new RideWithGPS club account.
The Lehigh Valley Cycling Club is a proud supporter of the Valley Preferred Cycling Center
Please join us for
The Lehigh Wheelmen Donut Derby
Labor Day, September 4, 2023
The Donut Derby is a fun 36 mile bike race with a twist: Get a 3 minute time credit for each donut eaten at stops positioned at mile markers 12 and 24. Donut-adjusted time determines the winner in several age categories. A complementary lunch for DD racers and an awards ceremony follow the ride.
Each person completing the course will be entered in a raffle to win a variety of prizes. Want to improve your chances? We’re offering virtual donuts for $1.00 each. Every Virtual Donut purchased will give you an additional chance in the raffle.
Valley Preferred Cycling Center (the T-Town Velodrome)
1151 Mosser Road, Breinigsville, PA 18031
- Online registration only opens May 15th: $50 per adult rider; $25 for riders 11-19. Tandem Rider $80
- Please note registration fees are nonrefundable.
- Registration closes August 31st or when 350 are registered. Register early; the event may sell out fast!
- There is no day-of-event registration
- Check-in opens at 7:30 am on September 4th.
- To avoid congestion at the start, you may start anytime between 9:00 am and 9:15 am. Don't worry, the timing chip will track your overall race time.
Download the 2023 Donut Derby route for your GPS device. The route will not be marked but rider cue sheets will be available.
When registering for the DD, you’ll be given an opportunity to donate to Community Bike Works. CBW teaches life lessons through bicycles by offering high-quality mentoring programs that use bicycles and books to connect youth with adult and peer mentors who can teach skills that help them succeed.
The Munchkin Mile:
After the Donut Derby your children, age 10 and under, will be able to participate in our Seventh Munchkin Mile. This year, children must be pre-registered on BikeReg (no registrations the day of the event). There is no cost for participation in the Munchkin Mile. The event is limited to children of DD riders, LWA members and volunteers. Your ‘munchkins’ will be given the opportunity to ride 5 laps on the Valley Preferred Cycling Center T-Town Velodrome, home of world-class bicycle racing. For those who have not mastered two-wheelers, training wheels, strider bikes and trikes are allowed. Munchkins (the food) will be offered to keep your kids refueled. Medals will be awarded at the completion of the event.
Other Supporting Organizations:
Documents for the LVCC General Membership
Ride Related Documents
Guide to Group Riding Guidelines for riding in a group, highly recommended for new members.
Officer Contacts Email addresses for LVCC officers.
Post article to Latest News Submit an article to be posted in the LVCC Blog.
Vendor / Bike Shop Discounts Discounts for LVCC members. Be sure to take your membership card!
Bike Case Rental Instructions How to rent a bike case if you plan to travel with your bike.
Documents for LVCC Ride Leaders
Documents for LVCC Administrators
Miscellaneous Administration Documents
Bike Case Rental Agreement (to be filled out by administrator, not for renter!)
LVCC email addresses How to use lvcycling.club addresses with computer mail clients and gmail
Newsletter Archive (April 2007 to Winter 2019)
Renew your LVCC membership by check.
To renew a current LVCC membership, do the following:
- Mail your check to LVCC , P.O. Box 140, Trexlertown, PA 18087-0140. $15 for an individual membership, $25 for a family membership, check made out to “Lehigh Wheelmen Association”.
- Do not include an SASE with the check or any comments that require a reply. Include comments in your email (#3)
- Email the Membership Administrators to notify them that your check is in the mail. Subject should be “LWA membership check”. Please include your name and address in the body of the email.
- When your payment is received, your membership will be extended by one year, and you will receive confirmation from the Membership Administrators.